When we’re creating a digital marketing campaign for our clients, we begin with the end in mind. In other words, we put thought into where our online audience goes once they’ve clicked on an ad. It helps us provide continuity for the audience. In the best situations (and in the most successful marketing campaigns) what they clicked on should lead to an appropriate place, a place they expected to land, that continues to foster their journey to the sale.
That destination is usually a specific page on a website -or- a landing page. After the ad provided an introduction and incentive to click, this is the next stop in our audience’s journey and it will determine whether they convert or not.
So, I think we can all agree that the destination of your online ads is an integral part of the audience journey and, ultimately, the sale. A well-planned landing page that facilitates the audience journey, will foster better results than sending them to a basic homepage. That’s why we’re firm believers in the power of good landing pages. But you don’t have to take my word for it, the numbers speak for themselves. Here are some that we wanted to share with you from some recent research over at Hubspot:
Landing Pages Convert More Traffic
- The average landing page conversion rate across all industries is a whopping 9.7%.
- Landing pages that serve as lead forms have an even higher conversion rate averaging 23%.
Landing Pages Help Boost SEO
- 48% of top landing pages ranked in Google Maps and organic search query results.
Landing Pages Facilitate A Better Audience Journey – A Few Tips…
- You’ve already introduced yourself… continue the conversation. Talk more about who you are, what you offer, and more about what they clicked on.
- Consider video – 30% of top landing pages use video content.
- Utilize testimonials – 36% of top landing pages have testimonials and 11% have reviews.
- Talk about objections – addressing buyer fears on landing pages can increase conversion rates by 80%.
Final Tip – Don’t Forget To Ask For The Sale
- Fill your landing pages with calls-to-action (CTA’s) – invite them to learn more and/or ask for the sale with a simple click!
To answer the initial question above, landing pages can be well worth the investment. It’s time to stop thinking of them as a “nice to have”, but rather see them for what they are, an integral part of the online sales process. Just make sure they’re well planned!
If you need help assessing your landing pages and/or digital marketing efforts, feel free to reach out. It all starts with a simple conversation and we love to listen! Sarah Gordee would be pleased to field your questions anytime Sarah@hookdpromotions.com or 715-361-3361.