Some of you may be thinking… “Yes! My kids are obsessed *facepalm*.”
Others may be wondering… “What in the world is TikTok?!”
So, for the sake of both sides we’re going to dive right in to this trendy, yet time consuming app. TikTok users create and share videos from 15 to 60 seconds on any topic, as well as watch and interact with other users’ videos.
Let’s look at some staggering stats surrounding this TikTok app craze:
- According to TikTok, there are 30 million monthly active users in the U.S.
- With 46 million app installs last year, the United States accounted for six percent of global downloads.
- American users spend an average of 46 minutes a day on the app, totaling 37 billion video views a month.
- 34% of daily active users in the U.S. record videos on a daily basis.
- TikTok’s largest age group in the US is 18-24 year-olds, which account for 42% of users.
- That’s followed by 13-17 year-olds at 27%.
- In the U.S. 13-26 year-olds are as likely to use TikTok as Facebook and Twitter.
- Approximately 60% of users in the U.S. are female.
(Source: Hootsuite, 2020)
If you’re wondering if you should be advertising on this trendy app, the answer is simple. Unless your target customer is 13-24 years old, you can have fun creating videos and exploring content, but it’s not a key advertising platform for you. At least not right now!