90% of websites on the internet use Google’s Ad Network.
This means 90% of websites could show your advertisements through Google Ads. You may think, “90% of the internet?–that sounds expensive.”
Truth is, it is actually less expensive than you’d think, because you don’t need to reach all 90% of online users.
The strategy with Google Ads is that your campaigns can be designed to only reach the people that are most interested in your goods/services–the same users that are going to be the most likely to purchase whatever it is you have to offer.
Let’s run through an example:
You’re shopping online for a new coffeemaker. You find a few that you like on the Keurig website, but got sidetracked and end up watching YouTube videos on the best way to grind your own coffee. You come back another day to your computer and are reading news articles online when–lo and behold–you see an advertisement for one of the same coffeemakers you were looking at the other day.
What a coincidence!
You realize that you did want that new Keurig after all, and you add it to your cart.
The truth is, it wasn’t just a coincidence those ads appeared for you. It was an example of Remarketing, just one of the targeting features Google has.
Here are breakdowns for a few other powerful targeting features Google campaigns can use to help your business reach its specific audience.
- Demographics: Selectively target your ads based on age, gender, or device used.
- In-Market: Target users who have been searching for goods/services like yours.
- Custom Intent: Target keywords or other websites that are most related to the people who are most interested in your business.
- Similar Audiences: Expand your current captured audience by targeting users with interests related to the users you have already been targeting in your remarketing lists.
- Remarketing: Target users that have previously clicked on your ads, visited your website, or used your app.
- Geo-Fencing: Target users within a specific area.
Running Google campaigns can help you stay in front of your potential customers online as they search for your products and services, as they search for your competitors, and they can follow customers that have previously visited your site or clicked on your ads.