It’s always interesting to hear what’s top of mind with businesses who are evaluating their digital marketing strategy. As a digital marketing agency, our conversations center around overall marketing strategies and how digital marketing can play an important role.
So what is the top question thought leaders are asking right now? Read on to find out.
“Why would I continuously run digital campaigns, instead of running them only during my peak business times, and then pausing them?”
Here are a few things to consider before deciding to stop and restart your digital campaigns.
- Campaign Traction – When campaigns continually generate impressions and traffic, they gain traction over time. The ads are displayed more often to more people, and that’s the goal!
- Campaign Optimization – As the campaigns run, Hookd and the Tech Platforms learn all kinds of things about how the ads are performing and use that information to help make them perform better. You get more benefits for the same investment.
- Duration Matters – 90 days is the minimum amount of time needed for these things to happen – traction and optimization. But it doesn’t mean that they stop happening after 90 days. The clients who work with Hookd year after year, with few exceptions, see year-over-year numbers that improve considerably.
- Pausing Eliminates the Momentum – When you pause the campaigns, the momentum that has been built while they were running is lost.
- Restarting Requires Rebuilding – A campaign has to re-launch, re-optimize, and re-gain traction when you decide to start running it again. This is not only a loss of opportunity but a financial loss due to the re-investment needed to get the campaigns back underway. And it takes more time to re-generate the same levels of performance you would have had if there hadn’t been a pause.
The reality is that top-performing businesses are committed to a consistent marketing presence, and when it comes to digital, the payback for consistency outweighs the small monetary savings of being “offline” for a short time. If you’re interested in learning more, let’s talk! We offer a no-cost initial consultation. Contact Sarah@HookdPromotions.com or call us at 715-249-6331.