When you think of YouTube, what do you think of? Maybe it’s your go-to place for streaming music, watching SNL clips, or learning step-by-step instructions to fix a leaky faucet. Whatever your motivation, you’re likely very familiar with YouTube.
But did you know it’s also an ideal place to advertise? It’s true!
You’ve probably seen the short ads that appear before the videos you clicked to watch. These ads, called pre-roll ads, are highly-effective for awareness campaigns. Here are 5 reasons why:
- Your Target Market is Here Why are we so sure? According to Hubspot, YouTube is the #2 search engine in the world. Pew Research Center has found that 73% of adults in the U.S. watch YouTube, making it a great place to find your audience hanging out.
- YouTube’s Targeting Options are Powerful Just like with Google Search and Display advertising, you don’t just show your YouTube ads to any ol’ user on the internet. YouTube advertising uses Google’s robust targeting capabilities, allowing you to show your YouTube ads to ideal customers and those most likely interested in your brand.
- Many People Choose to Watch over Read Video content has grown in popularity over the last couple years because marketers are finding it very effective! At Hookd, we’ve often found that video content gets clicked on more than still images and text. Additionally, studies show that 54% of people want to see more videos from brands they support (Hubspot).
- You Can Get on TV YouTube advertising can be an inexpensive way to get your brand on TV. At Hookd, we’ve found that upwards of 40% of pre-roll ad video views happen on TV’s! (And remember, these views are from targeted users!)
- Your Video Production Costs May Be Lower Producing high-quality video content can be expensive. There’s a good reason for that – it’s a highly-specialized art form! But from our experience, we know that the optimal length for YouTube ads is just 15-20 seconds. You don’t need a long commercial to be effective, potentially reducing your investment in video ad creation.
Have we piqued your interest? If you want to learn more about how YouTube can support your business goals, contact our Director of Sales, Sarah Gordee, at 715-396-1661.