Creating valuable content is a key to success in the digital world. Valuable content gets viewed more, it gets shared more, and it helps provide positive branding exposure and drive sales. Heck, it’s also fun to create! Meetings where we discuss the creation of high quality videos, blogs, and emails are always fun and exciting. But while lots of time, effort, and positive intentions go into creating cool stuff, it’s important to remember that the primary goal is to distribute that content to your target audience!
For whatever reason, blogging seems to be one of those things that people get excited about initially, but aren’t sure what to do with after they’re done. If that’s you, no worries, #TeamHookd is here with some tips on how to distribute your blog. Here are some options to consider.
- Make it the headliner of your email newsletter – don’t just let your blog sit on your website, drive traffic to it by including it in your email campaigns.
- Individually email a link to key clients/customers – they’ll appreciate that you thought about them and are sharing valuable, relevant information.
- Post it to your social media accounts like Facebook and LinkedIn – putting your blog in a place where others can engage and even share it helps you get exponentially more views.
- Consider paid distribution – aka “boost” it – a paid boost is easy to create and manage – and you will be surprised how much additional, targeted traffic even a small boost ($20-$50) can generate.
- Add a link in your email signature – just think about how many people you email each day! Now imagine taking an opportunity to demonstrate your expertise with each of them. It’s a quick way to gain more views.
The fact is, blogs can deliver superior results if done correctly. If you need some convincing, here’s a quick read that covers the benefits of blogging: Does My Local Business Need a Blog?
And if you’re wondering how to execute a successful blog strategy, this article might be a good place for you to start: Beginner’s Guide to Blogging
At the end of the day, it’s not what you create, it’s what you do with it that will determine your marketing success. We love creating great content, but we love distributing it and driving traffic even more!
If you’re interested in finding out more about driving traffic to your business, just reach out to our Director of Sales, Sarah Gordee, and she’ll be happy to help walk through your options! Sarah@hookdpromotions.com